My 30th birthday is today (October 22nd). Wow I can’t believe it. I never did a 30 by 30 bucket list, so last night I came up with my 31 by 31 bucket list. I have always wanted to have a food blog of food I make and food I eat while out at restaurants. So this is where I plan to start.
I also want to try 31 different foods throughout the year, as well as try a month (with 31 days) of being a vegetarian.
Taking a cooking class and perfecting my chocolate cupcake recipe is also on the list, both of which I hope to chronicle here in this blog. This blog will also allow me to get some one my 31 minutes of writing in, although I will not writing here everyday, I hope to do so at least 1-2 times per week.
Below is my bucket list. If any one has any suggestions on how to complete these, please leave me a comment.
Thanks & Happy Blogging!
31 by 31 Bucket List – to be completed by October 22, 2013
- Start a food blog. Food I’ve cooked or eaten out at restaurants. This can include desserts (and cupcakes!)
- Save enough $$ for a down payment on a place of my own
- Lose 31(+) pounds before Greg & Mariana’s Wedding (Oct. 27th 2013)
- Finish & submit application to graduate school to start my MLS or MBA
- Take a cooking class
- Take a trip to Nashville
- Read 31 books (as of 11/13 = 30 books)
- Take a trip somewhere (anywhere) west of the Mississippi River.
- Participate in Habitat for Humanity or Homes for our Troops
- Get my 2nd tattoo. A yellow butterfly to honor my great-grandmother.
- Compile all my grandmother’s recipes and make a family cook book
- Write a letter to myself to read at the age of 40
- Go Zip-Lining/Canopy Tour
- Take myself on a long weekend get-away. Stay in a nice hotel and just enjoy the sites of the local area (someplace I have never been.)
- Start writing (and finish) a novel (75,000+ words)
- Have a business card made
- Try 31 foods I have never had before (as of 11/13 = 30 new foods)
- Become a vegetarian (for a month with 31 days)
- Set aside 31 minutes every day to write (anything)
- Tour the Library of Congress
- Complete the Couch to 5k
- Each month try to clean out one room in our house of things we don’t need/no longer use and donate them if they can be reused by someone.
- Pay off at one credit card
- Go kayaking past the Custom House @ Balch Lake… Try to make it to Stump Pond.
- Get together more often with friends
- Walk the entire Freedom Trail
See Adrenaline Rush: The Science of Risk at the Omni Theater
- Learn yoga and actually enjoy the experience (that could technically be two items, but I’m making it one)
- Attend a Professional Development seminar
- Perfect my chocolate cupcake recipe